Wednesday, November 5, 2008

To the President elect, Barack Obama

Avaaz, The Global Peace & Justice Email group called for signitures and comments on a wall that will go up in DC to congratulate Barak Obama and encourage him to keep some committments to us. . My comments to our new president are here:

I joined your movement, worked to get you elected, traveled to ohio on election day to canvas & get out the vote. Like many when you were elected I cried tears of joy.
Now I would like to give you a warning: be careful of who you surround yourself with.
I hope you will continue to align with our movement for global peace, justice and environmental restoration. Please also work to reverse the doctrine of preemptive attack, we need great peace making in Afghanistan. I don't believe a war can be waged on a concept even if the concept is terror. If we can reverse american military belligerence, if we can create a fair and tolerant social and economic system, if we can preserve what is left of our beautiful & scarred earth, when compassion and love become political concepts, then I will cry , I will weep for joy, please exceed our greats hopes for your presidency.

No comments: